Monday, May 06, 2013

CH-CH-Changes...

12 weeks down and 108 weeks to go!


Where did I get 108 weeks from? I hear you ask...

Well, I need to lose around 100kg maybe more, but certainly no less.  In this, my very first ever 12WBT, I managed to divest myself to 10kg!  Ten!  Zehn!  Tien! Ti! Dix! Decem! Diez! Deg!

OMG I'm just a wee bit excited about it...

Anyway, that leaves 90kg to go, so at 10kg per round, and each round being 12 weeks, that's 108 weeks.

Some other big numbers...
It's a BIG  number, but I'm used to big numbers.
164 - starting weight
100 - need to lose
26 - dress size
180/95 - starting BP
9 - shoe size
10 - ring size
108 - weeks to go



I went to training today and Madam Lash and 2 of her other regular willing?  clients were so supportive as usual  of my achievement  hullo Tania & Bernice  *waves madly at screen*  ;)  that it sparked a later conversation and a new torture involving a 10kg kettle bell and sumo squats  about the changes that I have undergone in the last 12 weeks.

I figured that it's time to put the figurative pen to paper and actually list the changes that have occurred, as a result of working with Madam Lash and the 12WBT, whether they're ones that I've  noticed, or ones that other people  have noticed in me and commented on.

So here we go:


  1. Vanished 10kg.  It's not lost, being lost implies a return, and that's just not gonna happen.
  2. I'm down 2 whole dress sizes.  OMG!!!
  3. I'm down a shoe size.
  4. My wedding ring is a size smaller than my engagement ring.
  5. My watch comes off without being undone.
  6. My belly is smaller.
  7. I can bend down with ease.
  8. I can do up my own shoes.
  9. I have a gap behind the steering wheel.
  10. I fit on the banquet seats in McDonald's, behind a fixed table, with a gap.  Yes I still go there, I'm partial to the Seared Chicken Classic Salad @ 183cal including the Italian Dressing.
  11. I feel the cold!
  12. I've pretty much given up the demon sugar.  Sob...
  13. My face is thinner.
  14. My circulation is better.
  15. My fingers don't look like little sausages any more.
  16. I can cross my arms over my chest without looking like a hulking great Valkyrie!
    A hulking great Valkyrie...
  17. I'm stronger.
  18. My balance has improved.  I no longer fall off my feet when standing still.
  19. My range of motion is way better.
  20. I can walk up flights of steps.
  21. I can walk down  flights of steps, not just one at a time!
  22. My bum is smaller.  No more bum-prints on the shower...
  23. My boobs are smaller... but it's okay, I'll just roll them up and buy a smaller bra...
  24. I have more confidence.
  25. I'm not as  self-conscious when out in public.
  26. Improved posture.
  27. BP is almost normal!!!
  28. I can very-nearly-almost-but-not-quite run.  Walking to the letterbox used to be a challenge.
  29. I breathe easier at night.  The fat & boobs don't slide up to my chin and suffocate me!
  30. I eat smaller portions.
  31. I'm learning to recognise when I've had enough to eat.

PHEW!   That's some list!  I'll admit to feeling more than a little bit awesome right now...

What have I learned from these 12 weeks?  I've learned that I still have much to learn, that I can't do it on my own.   That I need the support and guidance of the 12WBT community, of Michelle Bridges and her team, my blog-buddies, the 12WBT FB groups, Madam Lash, and of course BM, DD, DS & BFF.

So am I going to sign up for Round 2 2013??


You bet your arse!  I signed up last week...  Yay!  Go me!

So stay tuned for the further adventures of Annie192, the 12WBT and other random things...






1 comment:

  1. Only a wee bit excited?? Woah, I am totally excited for you! Completely wonderful results. Isn't it funny that we lose weight in our feet to affect shoe size!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete