Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What do you do with all the blobby bits?...

I went back to training yesterday, for the first time in many months, and LOVE  LOVE  LOVED  IT!!





Madam Lash never goes easy on anyone, and she certainly didn't go easy on me yesterday... 

at least I don't think she did...






At one point she had me doing intervals on the tready, and pumped up the pace to a point that I was practically running!

Can you imagine it?  ME!?  Running.  Well, very nearly anyway.

I don't think I've ever run a metre in my life.  It is supposed to say metre - not kilometre, it's not a typo.

It brings to mind a question that has been rattling around in my head for a while now.

When I've been in the forums on the 12WBT website, reading blogs I've subscribed to, or on the 12WBT Facebook pages, there's heaps of posts from women and men about how they've started running since joining the program.

When you are a really-super-generously-endowed-all-over-everywhere-even-my-toes-are-fat kind of woman, and you take up running... What do you do with all the blobby bits???


I mean, surely there'd have to be some ladies sporting some serious shiners resulting from the girls being on the upward swing at the same time you're on the downward trajectory?  Then there's the belly, the bum, the chins...

I've done Zumba a couple of times, and the wobble that my blobby bits get up is remarkable, when I'm going left, they're going right, and they always wave at me as we pass mid way, they're very friendly my blobby bits.

So what happens when it's all bouncing up and down as you're out there hitting the pavement?

Do you hold it down to stop it going all over?  I can see me now, running down the street holding the girls in place with one arm, and trying to use the other arm to hold everything else at the same time!

Do you wear super tight clothes to hold it in place and hope like hell it works?

Or do you just let it happen in the vain hope that it'll all just drop off one day?  Wouldn't that be great!  I'd be out there tomorrow if I thought that'd happen - wouldn't we all?

Does it hurt?  I don't know why but I keep thinking it must be painful when the blobby bits feel the impact...

I don't know if I'll ever take up running, but if I did, I'd really like to know the answer first...

What do you do with all the blobby bits?


1 comment:

  1. Ok Annie well my blobby bits are held in check by my Berlei Electrify bra. Love them!! Best thing I did was get fitted at Myer. She had me jumping around in the change room and bending and stretching, it was a really positive experience. Until then though I did find it hard, and yes, a little painful.

    But I felt my tummy blobby bit was the hardest to keep in check, good undies with my leggings is all I can say. And it got easier and easier.

    Mate, I couldn't even run round the backyard when I first started without getting winded, now after 4 rounds I am running 10k non-stop. How the heck did that happen? But it did and I loved it.


    But bear in mind, we will all have an activity that we love, it might be running, it might be boxing, or swimming or whatever. The important thing is to find the activity and enjoy it.

    Good luck with the blobby bits!! ;-)

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete