Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Dress drama update...

Well, as predicted, the 'woman' reneged on the much promised refund.

She decided that as it was a custom made dress, that was apparently EXACTLY what I had ordered - I refer you to the previous post and the pictures contained therein... that I neither deserve nor qualify for a refund.

In her opinion I don't deserve it because she thinks the dress is perfect, even though she had picked faults with it that I hadn't!  And I don't qualify for a refund because I had agreed to the alterations.

Now to be fair, I did indeed  agree to the alterations, because I didn't want to be without a dress on the Big Day.  However, the part she is so carefully forgetting, is that it wasn't until after  she sent it for the alterations that she first offered the refund.

I actually initially refused it saying "normally I would accept, but if I get a refund I have no dress to wear"  she countered with "but I can see you're not happy".  To me, in my mind, when she sent it to the seamstress, she was told just how bad it was, and she knew a refund was the only option.

So many promises made and broken later, I'm left with a nasty message that basically said she has no intention of giving me a refund, she has wiped her hands of it, and the dress is mine, like it or not.  She gave me a mobile number of 'the owner' of the business - who is in fact her, but I suspect the number belongs to either her husband or daughter who will play the part assigned to them, and informed me that any further discussion about it would be done with them.  No name.  Just 'them'.

I informed her that the matter is not settled, that I will take it further, and that I will be lodging have lodged a formal complaint with Fair Trading NSW, and will be doing the same with PayPal.

Maybe a few other organisations too, but I don't want to bother her with those little details...

I'm actually a little concerned though - I'm thinking maybe I should withdraw the complaint...  It's possible you see that she may in fact, be God!  Now I know that may be hard to believe, but hear me out...

She spoke - in person - to Fair Trading NSW  on GOOD FRIDAY!
OMG!!
A government department.  Working.  On a public holiday!
SEE?  She makes miracles happen...

Shame she didn't 'miracle' the dress isn't it?

All this was happening over the whole Easter long weekend, and it was only yesterday (Easter Monday) that I finally got some peace.

Until, that is, she is notified about the complaint.  Pretty sure all hell will break loose, and my nerves will be shot to shit all over again.

PS:  I went shopping with BFF and found a lovely pair of trousers with a big split up the legs and a chiffon overlay, a couple of really pretty tops with the required blingage, and a sparkly swing cardy.  Much more 'me' except for the split up the leg, that's usually in the seat - and I'll be super comfortable on the Big Day.

PPS:  I have to say thank you to all the lovely ladies and their so very generous offers of dresses and personal shopping, you have amazed and humbled me.  Your love for a stranger is overwhelming, and heart warming.  You all made me cry more than once.  Don't hide your light under a bushel, let it shine, for the world needs to see it.


2 comments:

  1. Great to hear your having some progress Annie, wishing you all the best for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found a beautiful outfit for the big day that you're happy with, i'm sure you'll look stunning. All the best with the complaint and with karma biting her (mauling her?) on the ass. Cardinal rule - You do not mess with the bride!

    ReplyDelete