Saturday, February 02, 2013

What a week!...

Forgive me Blog Lord for I have sinned... It has been 11 days since my last blog post.


Wow!  The last week and a bit has been so busy I haven't had time to bless myself.  It's been absolutely FULL of wedding prep.  Tracking down fabrics, printers, decor, stationary, DRESSES... Ordering what I can online and going shopping for the rest.

Living in a smallish rural town is great, most of the time, but when something like a wedding is on the cards - well, you have to travel over an hour if you want to find anything, and in reality, it means that at least half your day is gone, just to get one thing done.

It also means that you learn NOT to rely on your GPS to get you somewhere you need to be, because it tends to take you in the complete opposite direction!

Bite the bullet and settle on a dress design, get measured, order and pay.  TICK

Order table decor - lovely little timber boxes in which I will grow wheat grass.  TICK

Copious amounts of burlap for table runners and chair drapes ordered.  TICK

Find a printer (and get a quote) who can do white text on dark brown card stock.  TICK

Choke on said printers quote and say "bugger that I'll do it myself"  TICK

Drive to Newcastle and buy new card stock for invites.  TICK

Tell girl in Stationers that no, she does not owe me an $85 credit...  TICK

nor an $18 credit...  TICK

Order lots of chiffon and stuff to prettify the hall.  TICK

Order utensils for lolly bar.  TICK

Order napkins.  TICK

So having achieved all that wedding stuff I was on top of the world and raring to go with Michelle's challenges for the week.  I finally managed to do the goal setting, that was a real challenge for me.  The commitment was almost as hard, and I had no intention of putting on FB, but with much coaxing by my DD (Darling Daughter), I even gathered the courage to do that!  That is a whole separate post.  Still haven't detoxed the kitchen, DD  is helping me with that - she's a smidgen more ruthless than I when it comes to that, so she is necessary, but she's been working all week.

Yesterday, being Friday, I was on my way to fill in at our local Christian book shop for the morning, when my luck ran out.  My usual habit, when on book shop duty, was to leave home earlier than necessary and stop by Macca's (McDonald's) for a Boston Deli Bagel with extra bacon and a large cappuccino, then off to open the shop.  But now, being a good girl, I had brekky (breakfast) before I left the house, and then I went down town to collect the shop key from the real estate agent.  Having collected the key I left and turned the corner to the book shop, and promptly tripped over a hydrant cover - you know, those little metal plates that are set into the pavement? - that was sticking out of the footpath about an inch, and went sprawling onto the footpath!  Thank God for excess padding!

So here I am today, very sore, aching everywhere, but with no serious injuries, and with plenty of time to wait for parcels and to blog!

Hmmm...  I think the wedding invitations are calling me...


1 comment:

  1. Ouch, I hope you are ok! Tell me about living in a small country town! It's a pain when trying to find something specific, that's why I do a lot of online shopping. How exciting though planning for your wedding. Exciting and stressful. Really like your blog. Keep up the great work.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete