Thursday, January 17, 2013

Goals, Goals, Goals...


The second task for this week is all about setting goals.  SMART goals.




I don't think, from memory, although I try not to rely on that - it's pretty crook these days, that I have ever in my entire life, ever, seriously set a goal.  Ever.

But now, I'm being asked to set a series of very specific goals for the next 12 months...  4 goals in fact. A goal for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.

In the past, the closest I ever came to setting a goal would have looked something like 'I would like to be able to tie my shoes like a normal person', or 'I would like to be able to wrap a towel around myself and not be flashing to the world, things better left unseen', and that would be as far as it went.  They were, I came to believe, pipe dreams.

Suddenly though, these type of things no longer seem like pipe dreams, they seem, in fact, very very real, and very very attainable.

Ya know what?   One thing I would love love LOVE to be able to do is to cross my legs.  It's been so many years since I have been able to do that, I've forgotten what it feels like...  *sigh*

So, using what Michelle has said, I need to think about what I want to achieve, break it down into smaller (dare I say bite-size?) more realistic, achievable goals, make a plan, and write it down.

Hmmm...

For  someone who doesn't set goals, this is gonna require some significant cogitatin'...

I'm gonna have to get back to you on this one...


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your plan on how to achieve your goal... mine was pretty simple: eat healthy, exercise regularly and aim for 3kg weight loss a month. Doable. Simple and I've achieved that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your goals. I have several. And each is broken down to bite sizes pieces.

    I've been a goal writer all of my life. Check them out on my blog.

    Www.myadventurebeginsnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete