Monday, May 19, 2014

#100HappyDays - I'm loving this challenge...

I'm so glad that this challenge came up in my Facebook newsfeed all those weeks ago.

I really think that it's changing how I approach my day, I'm finding I'm a little bit excited to find my 'happy' for the day, and look forward to finding it.

Apart from the fact that I have a really crappy memory and forget to post my pic sometimes, I'm enjoying noticing all the things, big and small, that are giving me joy.


The hardest thing is to photograph a feeling, a smell or a sound...  How do you capture the moment when you breathe deep and smell the wood smoke from wood heaters permeating the air, and you know  that winter really is  on the way?  Or the smell of newly mown grass?  Or the feeling I get when I hear BM's car pull in the drive at the end of his work day?

Perhaps we need to have someone invent a Scratch 'n' Sniff computer...

Day 29:
Every woman on the face of the planet knows that there is only one thing better than a new haircut to lift your spirits and make you feel like a whole new you - and that is a new colour!

A few months ago I received a gift voucher in the mail from my hairdresser for 50% off a colour treatment.  I had no idea why they sent it, and kept forgetting to ask, I also kept forgetting to use it and it was to expire at the end of April!

Having tried to use it last week when I got my hair cut, I didn't have my eyes on at the time and thought it was for any of their services   I went back this week for the colour, and even though the voucher had expired and they really didn't have to accept it, they did.  I even remembered to ask why they had sent it.  It turns out that they have a random draw each month, they put all their customers names into a bowl and pick one out to receive a free or discounted service, and it was my turn to win.  Yay me!

When my stylist coincidentally also named Annie  asked what colour I was thinking of getting, we both said at the same time 'a nice rich red would be nice'.

Don't you just love it when you're so in sync with your stylist?

So a couple of hours and cappuccinos, along with another scalp massage  always the best bit of going to the hairdresser  my new look was complete.  I think the brief was met...


Day 30:
Pyjama Day!

Who doesn't love a Pyjama Day!?

This was a Friday, and I should have been at training, but with Madam Lash and the Minions all having young children, who were at that time quite healthy, I was not going to share what was laying me low that day.

So I stayed home in my pj's, drank tea, snuggled on the couch, watched movies, and prayed for it to be gone by Sunday's Color Run.


Day 31:
Tomorrow is the Swisse Color Run and  I'm so excited it's ridiculous!

BM & I took ourselves off to Westfield Kotara to pick up my race kit, and have a bit of a look around while we were there.

I tell you what, they've got their marketing worked out well.

They had set up shop - literally - on the top floor carpark.  There were tents set up from where you collect your race kit, as is usual at the other fun run's I've done, but right next to that was several tents that sold their merchandise.  Hats, beanies, hoodies, t-shirts, singlets, bandanas, sunglasses, stickers... you name it and they had it there.

I succumbed and got myself a bandana  which I forgot to wear  and a bum bag which didn't fit...


Day 32:
It's Mother's Day!

The day when I'm supposed to be able to sleep in which isn't really a treat for me because I'm spoilt and can sleep in every day, ahh the joys of grown children...  and get breaky in bed, and be royally spoilt for the day.  Normally all these things would happen... except maybe for the breaky in bed... that only happens on the odd numbered years...  but today was different, today we were all up early and off to the Swisse Color Run.

However it didn't stop DD from presenting me with a gift bag that was so sparkly I needed sunglasses to look at it   full of lovely treats.

Everything about it was perfect!  It was pink, there were teapots and cups of tea, there were millions of sparkles, and inside there were travel mugs, tea bags, coffee cups, and cuddly hot water bottle and a gorgeous little rabbit to hold my blings.


Day 33:
I found another challenge on my newsfeed today.

It seems quite difficult though, so I think I may have to finish the #100happydays challenge before I try this one...

A significant bit of training would be in order I think...

I wouldn't want to injure myself...

I'm willing to give it a go.

Who's with me??







Day 34:
In my last #100happydays post, I introduced you to my two dogs - Dozer and Tonka.  Today I would like you to meet Zippa, who belongs to DD.

He is the class clown of class clowns.

He has a permanent goofy smile on his face, and has two speeds - full tilt, and full stop.

He loves to wear jumpers in the winter, actually they all do... and having had a recent haircut, the nights have been getting a bit chilly for him, so DD has been putting his jumper on him.

I woke up and came out to this.

Who's a pretty girl then?



Day 35:
A couple of weeks ago DD was in her room when all of the sudden came peals of laughter.  She came out to tell us that her little dog Zippa had been curled up at the foot of her bed, when he suddenly farted.  He got such a surprise that it scared him!  He jumped up on top of DD and wouldn't get off!

Well today he did it again, but I was lucky enough to see it this time.

He was beside me on the couch, sleeping, when I hear this little 'Pfft'... well he yelped, spun around, jumped down and ran around the coffee table in terror.  Which should have been the end of it, but lately he's been a little fart machine, so the more he ran, the more he farted, and the more he farted the more he scared himself.

It was hysterical!

Smelly...

But hysterical!


No comments:

Post a Comment